· If foam reaches a high level, it will foul filters causing the process to upset and the batch to be ruined.
· Foam in the vent line will require cleaning or replacement of filters and can damage the vacuum pump.
· De-foaming agent is expensive and, if used inefficiently, can upset the process.
· Point Level Measurement technologies such vibration and floats cannot detect foam.
· Technologies such as conductivity and ultrasonic gap switches are unreliable for foam detection.
· Drexelbrook RF Admittance switches
quickly respond to any water based or conductive foam preventing batch loss and saving filters and vacuum pumps.
· Reduces cost by dispensing de-foaming agent only when foam reaches a fixed high-level point.
· Sensors are available in sanitary designs for a wide range of temperatures and pressure requirements.
· Drexelbrook point level switches
require no calibration, simply install them and power them up.
· Drexelbrook RF switches
have no moving parts and require no maintenance.
· The Intellipoint™ RF Admittance switch
Mean Time To Failure (MTTF) has been calculated to more then 110 years*.
*Intellipoint loop powered model
as tested by Exida.com
Request more information
to see how we can help you with a level measurement solution that suits your need.
Download this application note as a PDF